A variety of vegetables and Soya chunks added to this Pulao promote consumption of essential nutrients necessary for keeping you happy all day. Enthralling aroma, divine flavor, impeccably soft texture, rich color and fascinating taste of Basmati Rice makes the cooking a delightful experience.
Red chilli powder
1 1/3 cup
1 inch knob
1 ½ cups
Method Of Preparation
- Basmati Rice should be picked and washed in a lot of water. It should be soaked in adequate water for half an hour.
- Onion and Ginger should be peeled and chopped. Tomatoes should be washed and chopped. Fresh Coriander leaves should be cleaned, washed and finely chopped.
- Soya chunks should be soaked in warm water for about fifteen minutes. Excess water in Soya chunks should be removed by squeezing. Each piece should be cut into two.
- Oil should be heated in a non-stick pan. Cumin seeds should be added. When the color of the cumin seeds start changing, cloves, bay leaf, green cardamom, pepper corns, black cardamom, mace and cinnamon should be added. It should be stirred and fried briefly. In a thick bottomed pan, oil should be heated, cumin seeds should be added and they should be left to crackle. Chopped onion should be added and it should be cooked for two minutes. It should be cooked on medium heat and should be stirred continuously till the color of the onions become brown.
- Turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and chopped tomatoes should be added. It should be cooked on medium heat for about three to four minutes or till the tomatoes get cooked.
- Basmati Rice, Soya chunks and chopped fresh coriander leaves should be added and it should be stirred gently for a minute. Garam masala powder should be added to taste and it should be brought to a boil.
- Two and a half cups of water should be added. Salt should be added as per the taste. It should be brought to a boil. Chopped Spinach should be added and it should be mixed well. It should be cooked on high heat. It should be stirred continuously and gently. The heat should be reduced, the pan should be covered and it should be simmered till all the water gets absorbed and rice gets cooked.it should be served hot.
BACK TO RECIPES